Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hair today, gone in a hurry!


For anyone who knows me, they know, I hate to get a haircut. I am very picky…and I usually leave the salon in tears. It does not matter how it looks, I always hate it.

I have been putting off a haircut for six months. Well, I could not take it any longer (literally) and went to get a trim. 

Noah tagged alone, why I agreed…I have no idea.

Let me start by saying, I love to sleep and on the weekends, especially.

Okay, I am sitting in the salon chair and Noah is sitting in the one next to me. He’s picking up everything, telling the stylist she’s “rich” because he sees all her tip money and making the chair go up and down.

I am about ready to tell the girl to cut my head off along with my hair.

Well, the stylist, being the polite person she is, starts to make small talk.

She’s asking about my weekend, what we had planned, etc…etc.

She proceeds to tell me, she got up and made breakfast for her family.

About that time, Noah pauses from spinning in the chair and chimes in,
“My Mom does not get up early.”

I look over at him and give him “the look”, trying to convey to him to be quiet.

Guess he couldn’t see my eyes with all the hair hanging in them because he says, “Yeah, she’s lazy.”

I try to explain that sleeping till 8 a.m. on the weekend is not lazy… (Who am I kidding; I sleep till 9 or 9:30.)

To save myself any further embarrassment, I suggest, “Noah, go look at a magazine.”

I’m sure you already know, he wasn’t interested, instead he goes back to inspecting the tip money.

“My Mom is going to give me three dollars,” he says.

Of course, I know how he earned the money and I am praying, “please, be quiet…you’ve done enough talking for the three of us!”

I’m sure you already know this, but Noah goes on to explain how he earned the money.

“Yeah, I brushed my Mom’s hair, scratched her back and massaged her shoulders.”

On the bright side, I didn’t leave the salon in tears this time…just in a hurry!



1 comment: