Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thank God for Surprises

I have two dear friends expecting their first child next year. While talking with them about their pregnancies I am reminded of carrying my own children. The excitement, the joy, or the time I tried to strangle Brent. (That's another story)
I remember finding out I was pregnant in the summer of 2004...later that year I would learn my first child would be a boy. Brent and I decided to name him Noah Thomas. I also remember finding out he had a clubbed foot.

My heart broke for this little boy, for the obstacles he would face, the pain he might have to go through. I also felt guilty, thinking somehow I had caused this.

Thankfully, God answered our prayers and Noah's clubbed foot was very mild. He wore a cast for the first six weeks of his life. Today, he is a soccer stud. We still have that little cast.

Finding out I was pregnant with Kipper was a lot different. It was the summer of 2006. I was at work in the dressing room and noticed I was putting on weight. I thought, "Oh No! This can't be..."

You see, we were trying for Noah. Kipper was our surprise and continues to surprise us and make us laugh. God knew what we needed and when we needed it.

So, as my friends prepare for the birth of their children ( they both want boys :) ) I pray God will give them healthy babies...who never stop making their parent's smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment